Baked Sandwich for the Big Game2014-02-01
- Cuisine: American, Eclectic
- Course: Appetizer, Main course, Side Dish, Small Plates, Snack
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yield : 2 loaves
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 25m
- Ready In : 35m
- 2 loaves frozen bread, defrosted
- 8 ounces sliced sandwich meat
- 8 ounces grated cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup sundried tomatoes in oil
- 1/4 cup cilantro leaves
- 1 onion, sliced and grilled
- Italian seasoning to taste
- 1/4 cup bacon bits
- 1 egg white
Punch down the loaves of bread and roll flat into 2 ~14x10" rectangles.
Place a layer of sandwich meat over tops of both loaves. Next, layer on the cheddar cheese over meat.
Lengthwise down the center, place tomatoes, cilantro, onions, Italian seasoning to taste and bacon bits.
Begin to tightly roll the loaf jellyroll-style and seal edges together. Brush egg white over tops of both loaves. Place seam sides down on parchment paper on baking sheet.
Bake at 375 degrees for 25 minutes, until bread is baked through and browned.
Slice and serve with mustard or favorite condiment.
Check out this fun and versatile recipe on YouTube!