Spaghetti Squash, Kale, Tomatoes & Mushrooms2014-02-20
- Servings : 8-10
- Prep Time : 20m
- Cook Time : 60m
- Ready In : 1:20 h
- 2 spaghetti squash, halved and seeded
- 2 T. butter infused EVOO (or regular EVOO)
- 1 onion, sliced
- 5 stalks kale, washed and then removed from stems, chopped
- 8 ounces mushrooms of choice, sliced
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 poblano pepper, seeded and sliced
- 1 tsp. oregano
- 1 tsp. dried red pepper flakes
- 1/3 cup basil pesto
- 1/4 cup Romano or Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1/4 cup sundried tomatoes
- Freshly ground pepper to taste
Spray a baking sheet and heat oven to 400 degrees. Place squash cut-side down and bake for 45 minutes or until soft. Cool.
While squash is cooking, into large frying pan add EVOO and heat. Add onion, kale, mushrooms, garlic and poblano. Saute until soft.
Scoop cooled squash out of skin and into frying pan. It will look stringy, hence the name! Blend well, remove from heat once heated through.
Add to frying pan: oregano, red pepper flakes, pesto, cheese, sundried tomatoes and pepper, mix well. Cover until ready to use.