Cauliflower “Wings”…Great Football Snack2014-01-29
- Cuisine: American, Eclectic
- Course: Appetizer, Side Dish, Small Plates, Snack, Vegetable
- Skill Level: Easy
- Yield : 1 head cauliflower
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 30m
- 1/2 cup flour
- 1/4 tsp. paprika
- 1/4 tsp. cayenne pepper
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 head cauliflower, washed and cut apart
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1/4 cup Sriracha hot sauce
- 1/4 tsp. ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp. garlic powder
- 1 T. Worcestershire sauce
- cooking spray
- jar of blue cheese dressing (or ranch)
- vegetable oil for frying
Heat oven to 300 degrees. Mix together flour, paprika, cayenne and salt.
Spray cauliflower stalks with cooking spray to coat, then mix into flour mixture to cover.
Heat oil about 1/2" deep in a small frying pan. Fry "wings" about 1-2 minutes until dark, drain on paper towels and place in oven to keep warm and crisp. Repeat until all cauliflower has been cooked.
Into a small saucepan, mix butter, hot sauce, pepper, garlic powder and Worcestershire. Heat until well blended.
Place cauliflower into a bowl and pour sauce over, mixing well to coat "wings." Serve with either blue cheese or ranch dressing to dip.