Lemon Lavender Burrata2014-09-08
- Yield : 1 Burrata
- Servings : 4-6
- Prep Time : 20m
- Ready In : 20m
- 1 - 8 oz. container Burrata Cheese (found in specialty stores by fresh Mozzarella cheese)
- 1/2 cup Mascarpone cheese
- 1 medium lemon, juiced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 1/2 tsp. dried lavender, crushed with mortar and pestle (found in spice section)
- 1 1/2 tsp. honey
- 1 baguette, cut on the diagonal and toasted
- Aged balsamic vinegar for drizzling
Drain burrata from water in container and set on cutting board. It will feel like a "balloon" full of soft cheese. Gently slice a slit about 4" on underside and scoop out cheese, leaving casing intact. Place inner cheese in a bowl with high sides.
To the bowl, add mascarpone, lemon juice, zest, lavender and honey. Whip well with an electric mixer, creating a light and fluffy mixture.
Gently scoop the whipped mixture back into the "balloon," overfilling it. (or reserve the extra if preferred) Place slit side down on serving plate and drizzle with balsamic. Serve cold or at room temperature with baguette and a side salad.